From 29 March there will be a joint Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Local Safeguarding Children Board. The board will
formally meet for the first time on 2 April. Meetings will then be held monthly until July 2019 and then move to quarterly;
chairing of the meetings will rotate between the four statutory safeguarding partners who are:
* ACC Jennifer Sims, Staffordshire Police
* Heather Johnstone, executive director of nursing and quality, Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Clinical Commissioning Groups
* Mark Barratt, director children and family services, Stoke-on-Trent City Council
* Helen Riley, deputy chief executive and director for families and communities, Staffordshire County Council
A joint Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Partnership will be set up to support the Safeguarding Board to deliver the priorities and plan. This sub-group will be supported by a Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Scrutiny and Assurance Hub which will be staffed by the Local Safeguarding Children Board Team.
You can view a new arrangements document by clicking here.
There will be a transition period that will see a range of activity being commissioned, which will include:
* The development of a website for the joint Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board
* Review of the existing multi-agency training offer
* Conversations with organisations that could undertake a review of the new arrangements in December 2019