The Stoke-on-Trent Safeguarding Children Board Website
- If you are a child and in immediate danger call 999.
- If you are worried about a child or young person and think they may be the victim of neglect or abuse - call
the Advice and Referral Team to share your concerns with a social work staff member on 01782 235100.
Emergency Duty Team 01782 234234
(outside office hours 1700 to 0830)
- If you need support for a child or young person call one of the following:
North locality 01782 236655;
Central locality 01782 238352;
South locality 01782 237500
(these three numbers provide the front door access to all locality based support services, click on
the link to view
Stoke-on-Trent Threshold Criteria
to the Guide to Levels of Need document.
- If you are looking for information about which services and organisations are available for Stoke-on-Trent
families - call the
Family Information Service Hub on 01782 232200
- Minicom number 01782 236037
We've developed this website to help children, young people, parents, carers, concerned adults and professionals to access
advice and support to prevent abuse and protect our children.
The Safeguarding Children Board (SCB) together with all partner agencies oversee the work that takes place in our city to
protect children and young people from abuse and neglect. It helps to co-ordinate the way in which support services are delivered
to those who need them.
I hope you find the site a useful resource to understand the purpose of the SCB, its structure and membership, as well as
providing information to safeguard children and young people in our community.