Multi Agency Safeguarding Children Training
In light of the current situation with Coronavirus (Covid-19) and the government guidance on social distancing and self-isolation, Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board have decided to suspend all Safeguarding training until further notice. Please be assured that we are working hard to find alternative training methods and will update all those working with children through our website and social media as soon as we have any news. Please follow us on @SSSCBoard for regular updates. The Board wishes to extend its gratitude to you all at this difficult time for your support, patience and understanding.
For enquiries regarding Training Courses please contact:
Claire Myatt, Safeguarding Children Board Training Administrator on 01782 231615 or
Kate Bowers, Safeguarding Children Board Training Officer on 01782 233478.
The purpose of multi-agency training is to help develop and foster the following in order to achieve better outcomes for children and young people;
- A shared understanding of the tasks, processes, principles and roles and responsibilities outlined in national guidance and local arrangements for Safeguarding Children and promoting their welfare;
- More effective and integrated services at both the strategic and individual case level;
- Improved communication between professionals, including a common understanding of key terms definitions and thresholds for action;
- Effective working relationships, including an ability to work in multi- disciplinary groups or teams; and
- Sound decision- making based on information sharing, thorough assessment, critical analysis and professional judgement.
Training provided by Stoke-on-Trent Safeguarding Children Board will be consistent with six areas of expertise that everyone working with children and young people and families should be able to demonstrate. These are:
- Effective communication and engagement with children and young people an their families and carers;
- Child and young person development;
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the child;
- Supporting transitions;
- Multi agency working;
- Sharing information.
The training provision is funded by member organisations of the Stoke-on-Trent Safeguarding Children Board. The following contributing members to the Board can access the training free of charge;
City Council Employees
Local Authority Schools
Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Partnership NHS Trust
Royal Stoke Hospital
North Staffs / Combined Healthcare Trust
Staffordshire and West Midlands Probation Trust
HM Prison Service
Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service (CAFCASS)
Youth Offending Service
Early Years Childcare Service
Third Sector organisations
Stoke on Trent College / 6th Form College
Staffordshire Fire Service
A charge of £100 per day for a full day training session or £75 for a half day awareness session is made for staff attending from non-contributing organisations.