Multi Agency Safeguarding Children Training
For enquiries regarding Training Courses please contact:
Claire Myatt, Safeguarding Children Board Training Administrator on 01782 231615 or
Leonie Pepper, Safeguarding Children Board Training Officer on 01782 233478.
The purpose of multi agency training is to help develop and foster the following in order to achieve better outcomes for children and young people;
- A shared understanding of the tasks, processes, principles and roles and responsibilities outlined in national guidance and local arrangements for Safeguarding Children and promoting their welfare;
- More effective and integrated services at both the strategic and individual case level;
- Improved communication between professionals, including a common understanding of key terms definitions and thresholds for action;
- Effective working relationships, including an ability to work in multi- disciplinary groups or teams; and
- Sound decision- making based on information sharing, thorough assessment, critical analysis and professional judgement.
Training provided by Stoke on Trent Safeguarding Children Board will be consistent with The Common Core of Skills and Knowledge for the Childrens Workforce which sets out six areas of expertise that everyone working with children and young people and families should be able to demonstrate. These are:
- Effective communication and engagement with children and young people an their families and carers;
- Child and young person development;
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the child;
- Supporting transitions;
- Multi agency working;
- Sharing information.
The training provision is funded by member organisations of the Stoke on Trent Safeguarding Children Board. The following contributing members to the Board can access the training free of charge;
City Council Employees
Local Authority Schools
Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Partnership NHS Trust
University Hospital North Staffs
North Staffs / Combined Healthcare Trust
Staffordshire and West Midlands Probation Trust
HM Prison Service
Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service (CAFCASS)
Youth Offending Service
Early Years Childcare Service
Third Sector organisations – members of the Voluntary and Community (VCS) Engagement Partnership
Stoke on Trent College / 6th Form College
Staffordshire Fire Service
A charge of £100 per day for a full day training session or £75 for a half day awareness session is made for staff attending from non contributing organisations.
There is no fee to Third Sector organisations who are a member of the Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) Engagement Partnership.