Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
Our vision for the next 5 years is to improve health and wellbeing for the people of Staffordshire.
We will deliver this by ensuring that vulnerable people and their families within Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent are
able to live safe lives, free from abuse and neglect or the risk of abuse and neglect through an integrated approach to sharing
of information and collaborative decision making, interventions are put in place at the earliest opportunity across the MASH
partnership. This is delivered with the long term intention to support the shift of resources, through effective information
sharing, commissioning and partnership working, from high cost specialist services to universal provision, early help and
How do we know we have successfully achieved our vision?
- Vulnerable people and their families are better protected from abuse and neglect or the risk of abuse or neglect.
- Through the sharing of information and early identification of vulnerability, enable better decision making to support professionals, leading to fewer incidents of harm escalating or reoccurring.
- Improved times between referral and decision to intervene/take action
- More efficient use of resources and value for money through more effective working practices
- Safeguarding interventions are appropriate and proportionate, minimising referrals or inappropriate interventions.
- More professionals who have raised safeguarding concerns report satisfaction with the referral process for vulnerable adults and children.
- Fewer perpetrators of abuse or neglect re-offend through appropriate intervention and support based on our contribution through information sharing.
- Early identification of vulnerability in order to help, prevent and intervene to avoid escalation of cases into specialist services.
A suite of MASH documents can be viewed by clicking on the links below: