All partner agencies in Stoke-on-Trent will:
- Participate in the planning of services for children, young people and their families;
- Develop policies and procedures for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children;
- Monitor the effectiveness of what is done to safeguard and promote the welfare of children through multi-agency file audits and analysis of local partner data;
- Deliver effective multi-agency safeguarding training to frontline staff;
- Undertake serious case reviews and learning reviews and promote the learning to frontline professionals and the wider community;
- Communicate the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children,
There are 4 key processes that underpin our work:
Prepare – We will provide strong leadership, effective systems and work with partners to tackle child abuse
Prevention – We will continue to raise awareness of child abuse amongst young people, parents, carers, the community and potential perpetrators (young people and adults); and provide help at the earliest opportunity. This includes building resilience with families and partners to understand and act together in preventing child abuse and help to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people.
Protection – We will work together to safeguard children and young people by providing targeted support in order to achieve good outcomes for those who are at risk of or already victims of child abuse and support professionals to do so.
Pursue – we will work together to will disrupt, arrest and prosecute perpetrators of child
abuse wherever possible and appropriate.