Welcome to the schools/education section of the Safeguarding Children Board (SCB) website.
There is useful information in this section for all of those involved in education settings, whether you are:
- a primary or secondary school:
- special school;
- nursery school;
- academy or independent school; or
- a college or an alternative education provider.
The purpose of having a section specifically for education is to provide all of the most relevant information and links for you in one place. However, it is vitally important that this is not the only section of the SCB website that you look at, as there is information relevant for you throughout this website so please familiarise yourselves with other content, particularly within the policy and procedure section.
Pupil Migration Forms
These forms are to be completed at the beginning of each half term, to notify School Health if children move to or from your school or academy. (These forms do not have to be completed for your new September intake, however). (See related files below)
Elective Home Education government website.
Stoke-on-Trent Guide to Levels of Need Early Help and Safeguarding Threshold Criteria is the document used by all professionals in Stoke-on-Trent to assess the level of intervention is the document used by all professionals in Stoke-on-Trent to assess the level of intervention required for children with differing needs. This document will help you to identify whether or not the threshold for intervention is met for a Child in Need or a Child Protection referral.
- ChildLine School Service - Free for Primary Schools (For further details relating to Stoke-on-Trent see related files shown below)
- Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018
- Child Protection Policy (see A09)
- Statutory Guidance: Keeping Children Safe in Education September 2019
- Children Missing Education (CME) Policy and Guidance on Identifying and Maintaining Contact with Children Missing or at Risk of Going Missing from Education - this document is being reviewed (Attached below)
- Social Networking Policy
- Mobile Phone Policy
- Safer Working Practice for Adults Working with Children and Young People" Leaflet 9
- "Safer Working Practice for Adults who Work or Volunteer with Children and Young People in Education Settings" Leaflet 8
See related links below
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Duty on Schools