What is Early Help?
- Preventing, or minimising the risk, of problems arising-usually through universal services such as school, children’s centres, youth work and health provision.
- Early intervention by targeting individuals, groups at high risk or those showing early signs of a particular problem to try to stop it occurring or escalating.
- Providing early help services that respond effectively to needs, to redress the situation, stop problems getting worse and improve outcomes.
What is the Early Help Assessment (EHA)?
Having been identified early on, the scale and nature of these problems are properly understood and a plan for offering help is developed through a process of high quality assessment in Stoke-on-Trent this is the Early Help Assessment tool.
Click on the links under Related Files
- Initial Early Help Assessment: (updated September 2017)
- Early Help Action Plan
- Young Carers Referral Form
- Current list of Champions: (updated October 2017)
- Role of the Early Help/ Young Carer Champion (to follow)
Click on this link to register your Early Help Assessment or call 01782 232200.
For further information contact:
- Sam Matthias, Early Help Services Team or email email@example.com
- For practitioners working in the Staffordshire area click on the link to Staffordshire County Council website.
- For information, advice and guidance to help you to support children, young people and families, contact The Advice and Access Team on 01782 232200 or email CW@stoke.gov.uk
- or contact The Early Intervention Service
Early Help and Young Carers Champions
Named champions should be nominated by all internal and partner agencies. Briefing sessions are held to enable Champions to cascade the use of the Initial Early Help and promote Young Carers within their own organisations.
2017 Early Help and Young Carers Champion Meetings
- 2/11/2017 – Meir Education Centre, Pickford Place, Meir, ST3 7DY 9.30am – 11.30am
- 3/11/2017 – Sandyford Fire Station 9.30am – 11.30am
To book on to one of these sessions please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we are unable to take telephone bookings for these events.
It would be useful for nominated champions to read documents listed above before attending the champions meeting. These
can be downloaded from the related links shown at the bottom of this page. These will be reviewed regularly; the Early Help
Services Team would welcome any feedback via email@example.com
Useful links and tools:
- SOT Guide to Levels of Need Early Help and Safeguarding Threshold Criteria 2017 (click on the link) This guide is intended for use by professionals who work regularly with children and young people. It is intended to be a guide only, to support professionals in identifying needs of children, young people and their parents and carers and identifying possible interventions to meet those needs.
- Early Help Strategy 2017 (See related files)
- Safeguarding and Young Carers procedure D09 (click on the link to view)
- Stoke-on-Trent School Directory (click on the link to view)
Adobe - To view these documents you will need a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download a free copy go to www.adobe.com