Skip over navigation|

Home / Children and Young People / Report online abuse


Report Online Abuse

How to report concerns
If someone you are talking to online does or says something that makes you feel upset, worried or uncomfortable, if someone is asking you to do things that you don’t want to, or if you see something that you don’t like, then you need to do something about it.

If this happens, you must remember that it’s not your fault.

  • Always tell an adult – this might be a parent or carer, a teacher, a youth worker or another adult that you feel you can trust.
  • Save any messages that have upset you so that you can show the person who you tell. They should be able to give you advice about what to do. Don’t worry about being in trouble – you are not the one who has done anything wrong
  • If you don’t feel that you can tell an adult that you know, then there are other people that can help you.

For further information, advice and support visit the Governments CEOPS website (Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre) where there is lots of useful information for you, and provides you with a way to report what is happening to you. The link is

You can also follow the link to the Child Line website where you can access advice and support

You can also contact national help lines:-

NSPCC Helpline - 0808 800 5000

Child line 0800 1111

In an emergency, you can dial 999 and ask for the police.
You should only call 999 in an emergency, for example, if you are in immediate danger and need help straight away because someone is hurting you, or going to hurt you.

See the latest updates

Don't forget when you're looking at our website to refresh your pages to make sure you're seeing the latest updates of information and support. Just click your control key and the refresh button on your computer at the same time to refresh the web page you are looking at.

Safeguarding Children logo