What is Early Help?
- Preventing, or minimising the risk, of problems arising-usually through universal services such as school, children’s centres, youth work and health provision.
- Early intervention by targeting individuals, groups at high risk or those showing early signs of a particular problem to try to stop it occurring or escalating.
- Providing early help services that respond effectively to needs, to redress the situation, stop problems getting worse and improve outcomes.
What is the Early Help Assessment (EHA)?
Having been identified early on, the scale and nature of these problems are properly understood and a plan for offering help is developed through a process of high quality assessment in Stoke-on-Trent this is the Early Help Assessment tool.
Click on the links under Related Files
- Initial Early Help Assessment: (updated September 2017)
- Early Help Action Plan
- Young Carers Referral Form
- Current list of Champions: (updated February 2018)
- Role of the Early Help/ Young Carer Champion (to follow)
Click on this link to register your Early Help Assessment or call 01782 232200.
For further information contact:
- Sam Schofield, Early Help & Young Carers Coordinator or email email@example.com
- For information, advice and guidance to help you to support children, young people and families, contact The Advice and Access Team on 01782 232200 or email CW@stoke.gov.uk
- or contact The Early Intervention Service
- For practitioners working in the Staffordshire area click on the link to Staffordshire County Council website.
Early Help and Young Carers Champions
Named champions should be nominated by all internal and partner agencies. Briefing sessions are held to enable Champions to cascade the use of the Initial Early Help and promote Young Carers within their own organisations.
2018/2019 Early Help and Young Carers Champion Meetings
There will be champions meetings in 5 rounds (each round has 4 dates you can attend) throughout the year. Please note you
only need to book onto one session per round of champions meetings.
20/9/18 – 9.30am – 11.30am Westfield Children Centre
21/9/18 – 9.30am – 11.30am Westfield Children Centre
27/9/18 -1.30pm - 3.30pm Burslem Children Centre
28/9/18 – 1.30pm – 3.30pm – Burslem Children Centre
19/11/18 – 9.30am – 11.30am Burslem Children Centre
19/11/18 – 1.30pm 3.30pm Westfield Children Centre
22/11/18 – 1.30pm – 3.30pm Burslem Children Centre
23/11/18 – 9.30am – 11.30am Westfield Children Centre
21/1/19 – 9.30am – 11.30am – Burslem Children Centre
24/1/19 – 1.30pm -3.30pm – Burslem Children Centre
25/1/19 – 9.30am – 11.30am – Westfield Children Centre
25/1/18 – 1.30pm – 3.30pm – Westfield Children Centre
1/4/19 – 9.30am – 11.30am Burslem Children Centre
3/4/19 – 9.30am -11.30am Westfield Children Centre
3/4/19 – 1.30pm – 3.30pm Westfield Children Centre
4/4/19 – 1.30pm – 3.30pm Westfield Children Centre
10/6/19 – 9.30am – 11.30am – Burslem Children Centre
13/6/19 – 1.30pm – 3.30pm – Burslem Children Centre
14/6/19– 9.30am – 11.30am –Westfield Children Centre
14/6/19 – 1.30pm – 3.30pm – Westfield Children Centre
To book on to one of these sessions please email the dates and times you would like to attend to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note we are unable to take telephone bookings for these events.
It would be useful for nominated champions to read documents listed below before attending the champions meeting. These
can be downloaded from the related links shown at the bottom of this page. These will be reviewed regularly; the Early Help
and Young Carers Coordinator would welcome any feedback via email@example.com
Useful links and tools:
- SOT Guide to Levels of Need Early Help and Safeguarding Threshold Criteria 2017 (attached) This guide is intended for use by professionals who work regularly with children and young people. It is intended to be a guide only, to support professionals in identifying needs of children, young people and their parents and carers and identifying possible interventions to meet those needs.
- Early Help Strategy 2017 (See related files)
- Safeguarding and Young Carers procedure D09 (click on the link to view)
- Stoke-on-Trent School Directory (click on the link to view)
Adobe - To view these documents you will need a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download a free copy go to www.adobe.com