Welcome to the schools/education section of the Safeguarding Children Board (SCB) website.
There is useful information in this section for all of those involved in education settings, whether you are:
- a primary or secondary school:
- special school;
- nursery school;
- academy or independent school; or
- a college or an alternative education provider.
The purpose of having a section specifically for education is to provide all of the most relevant information and links for you in one place. However, it is vitally important that this is not the only section of the SCB website that you look at, as there is information relevant for you throughout this website so please familiarise yourselves with other content, particularly within the policy and procedure section.
If you have any feedback about the website, or would like to suggest a useful link or document to be included in the schools section, then please do not hesitate to contact Dawn Casewell, Safeguarding Education Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Pupil Migration Forms
These forms are to be completed at the beginning of each half term, to notify School Health if children move to or from your school or academy. (These forms do not have to be completed for your new September intake, however). (See related files below)
Stoke-on-Trent Guide to Levels of Need Early Help and Safeguarding Threshold Criteria 2017 is the document used by all professionals in Stoke-on-Trent to assess the level of intervention is the document used by all professionals in Stoke-on-Trent to assess the level of intervention required for children with differning needs. This document will help you to identify whether or not the threshold for intervention is met for a Child in Need or a Child Protection referral.
- ChildLine School Service - Free for Primary Schools (For further details relating to Stoke-on-Trent see related files shown below)
- Sexual abuse guide for parents and carers
Promoting Regular School Attendance (See related files below)
- Children Missing Education (CME)- Policy and Guidance on Identifying and Maintaining Contact with Children Missing or at Risk of Going Missing from Education
- Statutory Guidance: Keeping Children Safe in Education September 2016
- Children Missing Education Guidance
- Social Networking Policy
- Mobile Phone Policy
- Drugs Advice for Education Settings (including template policy and advice on incident management)
- Safer Working Practice for Adults Working with Children and Young People" Leaflet 9
- "Safer Working Practice for Adults who Work or Volunteer with Children and Young People in Education Settings" Leaflet 8
See related links below
- "Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Duty on Schools
- SOT Preventing Radicalisation Extremism Safeguarding Policy
(Adobe - To view these documents you will need a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download a free copy go to www.adobe.com.
See the latest updates
Don't forget when you're looking at our website to refresh your pages to make sure you're seeing the latest updates of information and support. Just click your control key and the refresh button on your computer at the same time to refresh the web page you are looking at.