Information for Professionals
If you think a child or young person is in immediate danger telephone 999
If a child or young person is at risk of significant harm contact the
- Safeguarding Referral Team Telephone 01782 235100
- email SRT.Referrals@stoke.gov.uk
Emergency Duty Team - 01782 234234 (After 5pm and weekends)
These pages offer information and advice for professionals who provide services to children, young people and their families in the city of Stoke-on-Trent.
The purpose of this information is to help you to make a referral to the correct professionals if you have any child protection concerns:
- it provides information outlining what you must do, if you are concerned about a child or young person;
- it gives contact details of the people you need to speak to if you have concerns for a child/young person's safety and/or welfare;
In addition you will also be able to access up to date information about:
- the multi-agency training that is available throughout the coming year on our training calendar; and
- the outlines on courses and their programmes which will help you to develop your professional skills.
Every agency / organisation will have a designated named person for Child Protection, who you should go to whether you need to take immediate action or whether you need to get more information. They will be able to offer you further advice or will take any action they feel necessary from the information you provide.
Community Care InformChildren is an online information service for professionals working with children and young people.