Approachable Parenting - Guiding Muslim Families to Better Parenting includes an easy-to-read, comprehensive guide developed by the International Institute of Islamic Thought and contains what you need to know on how to parent with confidence.
Children Educated at Home - Click on the link to view the Government website for Elective Home Education information.
Parent TV -.has advice for parents on learning, behaviour
and wellbeing for children 5 - 9, 9 - 14, 14 - 19 year olds, themes include:
- Safety in the street 5-9
- Keeping young children safe outdoors
- Safety on the street 14-19
- Helping teens to stay safe
- Victims of crime
- What to do if your teenager is a victim of crime
- Talk about and deal with the potential dangers of gangs
- Teen parties
- What to do when your teenager wants to throw a party
- Staying out late
- Teens who come home after hours
- Teenage years
- Keeping your teen safe while supporting their need for independence
- How to talk to your teenager about the realities of drugs
- Help your teen grow up safely and with confidence
Independence and growing up
- Home alone
- When is it safe to leave your child alone in the home?
- Wanting their independence
- Keeping your children safe as they become more independent
- Growing up too fast?
- Why children are growing up faster
- Don’t expect change overnight
- Learn to recognise the signs that your child is growing up - even if at times it feels like they aren't!