Skip over navigation|

Homelessness Advice

If you have ran away from home and are under 16 there is some advice on our website for you. (Click on this link).

If you are 16 or 17 the Local Authority has a duty to help you get accommodation. There is an agreement between the local departments such as Housing and Children and Young People’s Services to make sure you aren’t passed from one department to another.

In the first instance you should always make sure you are safe.

You don’t even have to let your parents or carers know where you are at first.  You can get information to your responsible adults by using 0808 800 7070.

You should then go straight to the Council or a voluntary organisation

To ensure you get help in Stoke-on-Trent you should go to:

The Housing Solutions Service at Stoke-on-Trent City Council, it has moved and is now based at the Civic Centre, Glebe Street, Stoke, ST4 1HH. You can access their entrance at the side of the Civic Centre on Glebe Street, round the corner from the main entrance.

Everyone is entitled to free advice from the council. The Housing Solutions Service offers a wide range of housing related advice if you are facing difficulties.  They can also signpost to other relevant organisations if you need more specialist advice.

You can contact them on Telephone: 01782 233696


To get a real good idea about what you are entitled to Shelter do a great website.

There are a couple of local agencies that can also help and advise they are:

The main thing to remember is that the council do have a duty to help and advise you and that you keep yourself out of harm by contacting the council or a voluntary organisation as soon as possible. 

See the latest updates
Don't forget when you're looking at our website to refresh your pages to make sure you're seeing the latest updates of information and support. Just click your control key and the refresh button on your computer at the same time to refresh the web page you are looking at.

Safeguarding Children logo