Skip over navigation|

Are you being hit?

girl with bruises

The number to call if you are worried about a child or young person and think they may be the victim of neglect or abuse:

If you or a young person is in immediate danger telephone 999

If a child or young person is at risk of significant harm contact the
Safeguarding Referral Team Telephone 01782 235100

You can call someone in Stoke-on-Trent to help if you are worried about a child or young person and think they may be a victim of neglect or abuse
Advice and Access Team Telephone 01782 232200

Emergency Duty Team - 01782 234234 (After 5pm)

Or, you can call a national helpline number (free of charge):-
NSPCC Helpline - 0808 800 5000

Child line – 0800 1111

Are you being hit?

Hitting is a type of abuse that can leave you feeling sad and sometimes in pain. If someone is hitting you or anyone you know, then you need to talk to someone you trust, like a teacher, a youth worker, friend, parent or carer.

If you don’t feel able to talk to someone that you know, then there are lots of other people who can help. If you need some help because you or someone you know is being hit, and you can’t talk to any of the people listed above, then there are help lines and other professionals that you can talk to. It can be really hard to tell someone but there are lots of people who can help.

If you feel safe enough to use a computer, you can go to: 

See the latest updates

Don't forget when you're looking at our website to refresh your pages to make sure you're seeing the latest updates of information and support. Just click your control key and the refresh button on your computer at the same time to refresh the web page you are looking at. 

Safeguarding Children logo