Skip over navigation|

Home / Adults / Missing children / Runaways




Runaways – Advice for Adults

Families are complex and most run into problems at some stage. The key thing to remember is that there is help out there.

If your child has runaway you should always call the police. Every minute a child is running away from home increases their chances of harm. The police will be able to help you find them, visit anyone they are staying with and check they are ok. The police have officers who are very experienced in these situations and will always put the welfare of your child first.
The missing people service also has a specialist advice line for run away children and can be contacted on telephone 0808 800 7070 and at

If your relationship with your child is struggling there is advice and support available and you can call the Stoke-on-Trent Family Information service on telephone 0800 151120 who can let you know who can best support you to get through the tough times.

Safeguarding Children logo